How Sync Works
Your device connects to your calendar account like Google, iCloud or Exchange and they store your calendar information. Timepage synchronises with your device, not your account provider directly.
Where Are My Older Events?
If you cannot see some of your events, they are not erased! Your device syncs a certain range of events (e.g. only the last 2 weeks) and you may need to adjust this:
- Go to the Settings app on your device > Calendar > Sync
- Select a longer sync range
- Wait a few minutes for the sync to update and events to appear
Why Do My Events Not Sync Immediately?
It’s important to understand that the rate of background sync is determined by Apple based on a variety of factors, including how often Timepage is opened. This is an issue that effects all apps that rely on background sync.
Another factor to consider is if you are creating events outside Timepage (e.g. a desktop app) then this app may not sync the event to your provider straight away. After it does sync, your device must then sync the new data so Timepage can see it.
We find the vast majority of customers have no issues with data synchronisation but if something does not seem right, we recommend trying the following steps:
1. Add Your Calendar Account to iOS
- For Timepage to sync with your calendar, the account must be added to iOS. Go to the Settings app your on device > Accounts & Passwords. Make sure your account is listed and Calendars is turned ON.
2. Turn Low Power Mode Off
- Go to the Settings app on your device > Battery and ensure “Low Power Mode” is turned OFF.
3. Ensure Background App Refresh Is On
- Go to the Settings app on your device > General > Background App Refresh
- Ensure “Background App Refresh” is turned ON.
- Scroll down to Timepage and ensure it is turned ON.
4. Check iOS Account Sync Settings
- Go to the Settings app on your device > Accounts & Passwords > Fetch New Data
- Turn Push ON.
- Tap on each account in the list and select “Push”. Sometimes certain types of account do not support push and must be set to Fetch.
- Under “Fetch” select “Every 15 Minutes” to keep your account the most up to date.
5. Unhide Your Calendars
- In Timepage, go to the main menu > Preferences > Calendars > Setup Calendars and make sure each calendar you wish to see is ticked.
6. Give Timepage Calendar Access
- Go to the Settings app on your device > Privacy > Calendars and make sure Timepage is ON.